Thursday, May 19, 2005

That Didn't Take Long

I said earlier that I would be using Illinois Governor Blagojevich's phrase "testicular virility" whenever I got the chance, but I wasn't expecting that chance to be tonight.

That's because I had Bible study tonight. We were talking about how we came to be ELCA Lutherans and making comparisons to the LCMS (Lutheran Church Missouri Synod). LCMS is much more legalistic and exclusionary, and one way that manifests itself is that women aren't allowed in leadership positions. So, I suggested that perhaps the LCMS folks felt that women didn't have the testicular virility to be leaders.

That actually got a laugh. The people at my church are used to me by now. One of the things I like about my particular church is that I can say things like "testicular virility" at Bible study and not get, um, stoned.

No comments: