Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Brain Dump again

Every once in a while, I get a lot on my mind, and I've got to get rid of it to make room for more useless things. This is one of those times.

  • I messed around with the color scheme on these pages. Let me know what you think.

    I also created an expanded profile for myself. Blogger limits the "About Me" segment to 1200 characters, and I wanted to write more than that. So, my profile has two links, one to the expanded profile and one to the Blogger profile. When I get more time, I'll see if I can find a way to combine the two.

  • I was walking around my neighborhood the other day and saw a couple of relatively new girls' bikes left out in a driveway. I'm not sure what brand they were, but the model names of the bikes were "Slumber Party."

    I don't know what thoughts cross a young girl's mind when she thinks of a slumber party, but I'm guessing bicycling isn't among them. What messed up marketing geek came up with that idea?

  • Only in Kentucky: According to the AP, a 42-year-old man was arrested for drunk driving - while riding a horse. He failed field sobriety tests ("OK, sir, spell 'Giacomo'") and blew .244 on the breathalyzer. That's three times the legal limit, and that means he was probably so drunk that he had to be tied to the horse to keep from falling off.

    No word yet on the results of the sobriety tests on the horse.

  • Sergio Garcia tied the record for the biggest final round choke job in PGA tour history by blowing a six-shot lead on the final day and losing the Wachovia Open in a playoff to Vijay Singh.

  • Kellen Winslow Jr. was released from the hospital the other day after his bike accident. He's on crutches because of an injured knee. There is still no word on how long his recuperation will take, or even just how injured the knee is.

  • Six women's basketball players with eligibility remaining left the University of Alaska-Anchorage basketball program. That, combined with the loss of four seniors, means that for now, the Seawolves only have three players on its roster.

    A couple of women left because of nagging injuries, but the others appear to have left because of a nagging coach. Actually, the words used to describe the coach were more harsh than that. Here is a link to the Yahoo! story.
  • 2 comments:

    Mauren Mureaux said...

    About the bikes: Probably the same marketing geek who thought Nova's would sell in Spanish speaking countries. ;)

    And you're correct. Being a girl who attended and held slumber parties once-upon-a-time, bikes were never connected in any way. Makeup, new hair-dos, junk food, giggling, ghost stories, games of spoons, sneaking out for truth-or-dare stunts...those were slumber party thoughts, never bikes.

    ~Suz~

    Anonymous said...

    I preferred the original color scheme on the blog, but the new one is not awful by any means.