Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Gas pains

I went out and bought gas yesterday for my two cars and my lawn mower and paid $2.73, which is a ridiculously high number to begin with. Today, when I went out to run an errand, I saw gas prices in the $3.16-$3.19 range, although one station was still at $2.85.

We're now reconsidering whether to drive down to my mother-in-law's house for Labor Day weekend, which is basically a one-tank trip.

Off the subject, I heard from my subscriber who is from the Biloxi area. He's OK. He had evacuated to Meridian, MS before the storm arrived. Katrina was still a hurricane when it went through there and they don't have power yet, but they do have water. Power is expected in a day or so there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blame Bush for gas, the price might be hurt by Katrina but is mainly due to Bush's oil war. He shall pay a hefty price in the midterms for screwing the average American though.

Debby said...

Blame oil companies who are enjoying record profits and THEN blame the president who "doesn't allow price gouging" If you decide to stay let me know..maybe we can roast some dead animals or something.

Jerry P. Palm said...

Barring another price spike in the next 24 hours, we're going, but thanks anyway.