Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Fantasy Football

Fantasy Football (and other sports) is a pretty geeky thing to do. It's strictly numbers-based, and in most sports, the team with the best numbers doesn't always win. Still, I'm a geek, so I play. I've played fantasy baseball before too, but I find my job gets in the way of that, so I don't anymore.

As good as I am in fantasy baseball (six seasons, six championships), I stink in fantasy football. I'm the man with the Midas touch in baseball, and the man with the minus touch in football. I get good players and they either get hurt or have off years. At least until last year, when I won a regular season title (only to get annihilated in the first round of the playoffs).

So, as a public service, when my team gets drafted, I'll post here who is on my team so you know who to stay away from.

Also this year, I'm going to play in a fantasy college football league. It's an "experts" league, where I will presumably compete with other "experts." I think my inclusion is stretching that definition a bit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i have the opposite problem - i stink in fantasy baseball, but i'm quite good in fantasy football. maybe we should exchange tips. :)