Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Time to sell my 69 Camaro



I inherited a 1969 Camaro from my grandmother when she died a few years ago. She didn't drive it much (only 60,000 miles), but she didn't care for it very well either. It's got a fair amount of rust on it and a dented fender, but I liked tooling around in it anyway. Now, it's not running.

I had always kind of hoped to fix it up and drive it around short distances, but I lack the time (mostly) and money (for now) to do that, and just keeping it around rotting in my garage is a headache I no longer want. So, it's time to get rid of it.

If it wasn't for the emotional attachment to it, I would have gotten rid of it long ago. I've had plenty of chances. Every week, someone comes to the door asking if it's for sale. Now it is.

Does anyone know how to find out how to price a car like this? Things like the Kelley Blue Book are useless because they only go back 20 years.

This probably won't be as exciting as trying to sell a car once owned by a pope, but I'll let you know how it turns out anyway.

1 comment:

Mauren Mureaux said...

Ohh, so sad you must sell the Camero!

I cried in 1984 when my Dad broke down and sold his awesome, very-well-cared-for 1970 Nova that he had bought out in CA while he was in the Navy. Not only because it was a kick-butt car and in almost pristine body condition, but because he sold it right before i turned 16. Grrrrr.

That's a very "Dad" thing to do, right?

~Suz~