Tuesday, October 04, 2005

MLDS Picks

AL - Sox vs Sox - Chicago's pitching hasn't been as dependable since the All-Star break and Scott Posednik, the man who makes the offense go, has slumped since an injury. Not good news when facing the defending champs. Boston in 4.

Angels vs Yankees - The Yankees starting pitching hasn't been special, but they can really hit. But pitching wins in the postseason - supposedly - so I'll take the Angels in 5.

I just hope we don't have to suffer through another Yankees-Red Sox series.

NL - Braves vs Astros. Wasn't this supposed to be the year the Braves finally faltered? Houston came back from the dead to win the wild card. For the Braves to win, its starters will have to carry the load. Altanta in 4.

Padres vs Cards - The Pads barely made it to .500 and the Cards are the best team in baseball. St. Louis in 3, unless they can find a way to win in 2.

2 comments:

Jerry P. Palm said...

Sorry, but I disagree. The media (ESPN in particular) seems to think baseball begins and ends with the Yankees and Red Sox, to the exclusion of all others. That attitude turns me off to the game, or at least the coverage of the game. I won't watch it.

ESPN does this with Duke-North Carolina in college basketball also and I don't watch that either.

Jerry P. Palm said...

That's one of those times I'm glad I'm wrong.

Apparently I was wrong about the Padres-Cards too. They're going to make St. Louis play three games.