Monday, November 13, 2006

You make the call

I am sitting in a Panera in Bloomington (trying feebly to get some work done) and a woman at the table next to me told me that I look like Tim Robbins (Nuke Laloosh from Bull Durham, married to Susan Sarandon).

That's a new one. I've been told I look like other people before. I apparently have a long lost twin brother living around me because the folks at the grocery store are cosntantly confusing me with someone else.

The person I have been told I look like most often is my hero, Dave Barry. Even my own son has confused the two of us. One day, when he was about 3 years old, he came running up to me saying, "Daddy, Daddy, you're on a book!" When I asked him what he was talking about, he brought me "Dave Barry's Guide to Guys" which has a picture of Dave on the cover and said, "See. There you are."

So, you make the call. Do I look like Dave Barry? Tim Robbins? Someone else entirely? Or is it bad enough that one person has to look like me?

UPDATE: 11/14. In the comments, some said I look like Potsie from Happy Days. I don't think so, but that's probably closer than Tim Robbins. His pic is added.












4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should pickup the movie "Dave Barry's Complete Guide To Guys", then ask your son and others!

Anonymous said...

You look like Potsie from "Happy Days"

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I've decided it's not so much that you look like Dave Barry as Dave Barry looks like the lovechild of you and Kevin Bacon.

Talk about six degrees!